Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kitchen Counters

All our kitchen counters are in, ready to be used. The granite was installed this morning and looks beautiful. It's a really pretty dark charcoal/green color. Now all we need are our cabinets to be finished (no comment) and our appliances to be put in place and voila!



Along with our granite installation came our sink installation! Oooooh! The farm sink that I really, really wanted was too expensive, but this big ol' Kohler cast iron undermount is a close second in awesomeness. Makes me just want to do dishes.......or not. But it has the potential to inspire dish doing desires!
I can't believe I forgot to post a picture of our beautiful butcher block counter! I found some oak panels at the Builder's Bargain Center in Medford and thought that rather than paying a crazy amount of money for real butcher block (well into the thousand dollar range), I'd buy several of these panels and see if someone could make something pretty out of them. The tricky part was that the panels were slightly warped, none were exactly the same size or thickness, so though it seemed like it'd be a snap to my unversed-in-carpentry-mind, it was no easy task. Our wonderful cabinet makers had pity on us (thanks to our dear Busha's mad sweet-talking skills) and took on the task of putting together the panels for us and finishing them up all pretty-like. They did such a phenomenal job. I really must post the before pictures so that you can get the full effect. Total cost of "butcher block"=less than $50. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.

No comments:

Post a Comment